You are not alone.
- Approximately 40 million Americans have provided unpaid care to an adult during the last year.
- Caregivers average 24.4 hours a week providing care to their loved one. 23% spend 41 hours or more providing care.
- 40% of caregivers report a high “burden of care”. Burden of care describes the physical, emotional, social, mental and financial problems of caregivers.
- 60% of caregivers have a job.
- 70% of working caregivers suffer problems at work because of their dual roles.
- 69% of working caregivers report they had to rearrange their work schedule, decrease their hours, or take an unpaid leave to meet their caregiving responsibilities